Ocean bill of lading (B/L), is the ship or its agent issued to prove that the goods have been received, allowed to transport the goods to the destination, and delivered to the shipper’s written documents. It is the carrier and the shipper between the contract proof, in law with the effectiveness of the certificate of property rights.
Ocean bill of lading Content
● Product name, logo, the number of packages or pieces, weight or volume and the transport of dangerous goods when the nature of the danger.
● Peal carrier’s name and main place of business.
● The name of the vessel.
● The name of the shipper
● The name of the consignee
● Select the port of loading and the date of acceptance of the cargo at the port of loading
● Borrowing port of discharge
● The place of receipt of the goods and the place of documentary cargo added to the multimodal bill of lading.
● The date, place and number of copies of the bills of lading.
● Payment of freight for the shoes.
● The carrier or its representative.
Who uses the bill of lading?
Companies that provide transportation services can give you the bills of lading, including owner-drivers, freight forwarders, shipping companies, third-party logistics companies, etc. In fact, not only sea freight, whether by air, rail or road, these modes of transport will produce bills of lading.
Who issues the bill of lading?
The “carrier” is the only company that can issue bills of lading. In maritime transportation, the carrier can refer to the shipping company (ship operating common carrier) or NVOCC (non-vessel-operated carrier), also known as freight forwarders (although not all freight forwarders are NVOCCs).
Who receives the bills of lading?
Bills of lading are usually provided to
● The shipper;
● Brokers, freight forwarders or third parties who manage customs;
● The consignee – this is the person who originally purchased the goods.
Ocean way bills of lading classification
1. According to whether the goods are loaded on board, can be divided into “loaded bills of lading” and “ready for shipment bills of lading.
2. According to the bills of lading with or without bad endorsement “clean bills of lading” and “unclean bills of lading”.
3. According to the bills of lading can be circulated, that is, according to the bill of lading “consignee” column of the written content of the “name of the bills of lading” and “instructions to the bills of lading”.
4. According to the mode of transport “direct bills of lading”, “forwarding bills of lading” and “intermodal bills of lading”.
5. According to the content of the bills of lading, simple divided into “full type of bills of lading” and “omitted type of bills of lading”.
6. “Intermodal bills of lading” is limited to more than two modes of transport of freight bill of lading, his use and the fourth point mentioned “by mode of transport in the intermodal bills of lading” is similar.
7.According to the validity of the bills of lading is divided into the original bill of lading and copy of the bills of lading.