CPC certification (Children’s Product Certificate) is a safety assessment and certification for products that are primarily intended for use by children 12 years of age and younger. Before entering the U.S. market, it is critical to ensure product safety compliance.
Information to be included in the CPC certification
- Product information (name and description);
- All laws and regulations applicable to the product;
- Manufacturer information: including name, address and telephone number;
- The production date and address of the product, the production date must be in the year and month, and the address must be in the city;
- detection time and address;
- Information of the third-party testing agency (laboratory accredited by CPSC): name, address, contact number.
U.S. Amazon Station basic requirements
- CPC certificate must be based on the results of the CPSC-recognized third-party testing laboratory;
- CPC certificate issued by the seller, the third-party laboratory can provide assistance in drafting the CPC certificate;
- Children’s products must comply with all relevant safety rules and regulations;
CPC certification test types
- Initial test: the product is tested for the first time.
- Material change test: If the material has changed for testing.
- Cyclic test: as a supplement to the material change test, if the continuous production, no material changes must be at least once a year for cyclic testing.
- Component testing: Generally test the finished product, in some specific cases can also test all the components to prove the conformity of the final product.
- Children’s Product Certificate Children’s Product Certificate can only be recognized by the third-party testing laboratory for testing, based on the test report issued by the certificate.
CPC certified toys common test items
- 16 CFR Part 1501 small parts (for toys have been covered by ASTMF963);
- 16 CFR Part 1510 small parts (for toys have been covered by ASTMF963)
- 16 CFR Part 1510 Rattle Toys Requirements (only for rattles, already covered by ASTMF963);
- 16 CFR Part 1505 Rattles (already covered by ASTMF963).
- 16 CFR Part 1505 Safety Standard for Motorized Toys (required only for motorized toys)
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Official Website: The official website of CPSC is an authoritative source of information on detailed information, regulations and guidelines on CPC certification. Their website can be visited for the latest information and requirements on product safety and CPC certification.
Selling on Amazon and finding a reliable shipping agent China is a big step towards success.