What is a freight forwarder?
A freight forwarder is an agent who organizes shipments for individuals and companies. They provide various additional services, such as ensuring that the shipment complies with the laws and regulations of the country of origin and final destination.
The most important point in choosing the right freight forwarder in China: Know what type of forwarder you need
When shipping from China to USA,There are many types of freight forwarders. There are a variety of business models to choose from, and some freight forwarders specialize in certain areas, such as general cargo, refrigerated cargo, bulk materials, dangerous goods or fresh produce.
Xiongda International Logistics focuses on the transportation of general goods, and the customs clearance rate is very high.
What the right freight forwarder in China can bring you
1. Right freight forwarder in China give the owner a more favorable freight rate.
2. Help the owner to “flexibly handle” the delivery date on the bill of lading. For example: Originally delivered on the 10th, now the bill of lading shows that it was shipped on the 6th, which is a “backward bill of lading”.
3. Control the property rights of the goods, and detain the goods in time when the customer is found to be fraudulent. This is mainly because the freight forwarding bill of lading needs to be “replaced” at the destination port to pick up the goods.
4. Right freight forwarder in China can track the movement of the goods, including when it arrives at the destination port, whether the customer has already handled the delivery, etc. The freight forwarder has a cooperative relationship with the shipowner, and can query the internal transportation data of the shipowner online.
5. Can help with emergency shipments, emergency customs declaration and other matters.
6. When necessary, it can be exported as an agent.
Right freight forwarder in China are good for avoiding commercial disputes and preventing risks.
Right freight forwarder in China assessment criteria
Create some standards
Before you start looking for a right freight forwarder in China to create your shortlist, it’s a good idea to create a prioritized list of needs. For example, there will be certain basic needs such as:
trade lanes through which most, if not all, of your goods will pass;specific shipping, storage or handling requirements for your materials or goods;
The range of services you want your freight forwarder to cover.
When you start your search, you can discount any forwarder that doesn’t cover your trade lane, lacks experience handling the type of cargo you’ll be shipping, or doesn’t offer a compatible combination of services.
Characteristics of right freight forwarder in China
Everyone always wants to find a large-scale, low-cost freight forwarder to provide services. In fact, it is really not necessary. If your volume is not large, it is recommended to find a company that is not too large, but it must be formal and professional.
We can also check the company’s website to see if it has a record of violations or dishonesty. It is best to find a freight forwarder who can visit the scale of the warehouse and the scale of the company. The price may not be the best, but the risk is certainly minimal.
Mainly CIF cargo
Such companies tend to accumulate a lot of resources .Most of the businesses are prepaid, and they can usually obtain preferential ocean freight rates with shipping companies on a certain route or multiple routes by virtue of their fixed freight volume.
On the other hand, customers also recognize them very much, and they can match customers with the most suitable shipping company according to market conditions. Once these advantages are formed, they will last for several years or 10 years.
With this advantage, both the shipper and the peers, their prices will be very competitive. Xiongda International Logistics is a freight forwarding company mainly focusing on CIF goods.
Directly to foreign customers
We all know that in the process of international trade, the buyer often has a certain right to speak, so if the buyer specifies the freight forwarder, the seller often agrees.
Therefore, many freight forwarding companies in China focus their business on foreign buyers. They establish relationships with buyers through many methods such as exhibition emails.
These buyers are not necessarily European and American, but some come from Asia, Africa, Latin America and other countries. They get a lot of waybills this way, allowing buyers to designate them as forwarders.
Xiongda International Logistics is a China freight forwarder company facing global business partners. We focus on transportation routes from China to the United States, professional and dedicated, and will definitely give you the best service experience.