Sea freight is the most popular method of shipping from China to USA. It involves transporting large quantities of items on bulk carriers along global trade routes. About 90% of products are shipped by ocean shipping.
Cost of China sea freight to USA
FCL and LCL freight are calculated differently in international trade. However, both are determined by specific criteria, including fuel costs, currency exchange rates, time of year, capacity, and individual shipping lines.
FCL shipments are paid at the FCL flat rate. The rate is the same whether the container is full or half full.
LCL shipments are charged by volume, not by weight. However, for larger items, the weight may cause the price to go up. It is more expensive than FCL due to the extra handling, handling and paperwork involved.
Factors Affecting Price of China sea freight to USA
In addition to shipping costs, other factors can also affect ocean freight prices:
● GRI (General Rate Increase)
● Spot price (usually available on delayed notice)
● Holiday related delays
● Seasonal price spikes
● Bulky cargo
● Warehousing cost
● Freight charges
● Additional fee
Advantages of China sea freight to USA
China sea freight to USA is a low-cost mode of transportation in the shipping industry. It is a cost-effective method of international logistics that is far more economical than other popular modes of transportation such as air freight. According to the World Bank, air freight is 12 to 16 times more expensive than ocean freight from China to USA. While ocean freight is slower than air freight, it represents extraordinary value for high-volume delivery.
Larger load capacity
A China sea freight to USA 40-foot shipping container can hold approximately 33 cubic meters of cargo. That’s the equivalent of about 10,000 bottles of beer or the entire contents of a three-bedroom family home. Depending on the material and structural integrity of the container, a 40-foot unit can hold 60,000 pounds. Or more. Ocean liners can transport almost all types of products.
The term TEU stands for 20-foot equivalent unit. It is a term used to describe container ship and terminal capacity. The number assigned to the vessel represents the number of containers the vessel can hold on or below deck. Capacity may vary depending on the size of the boat.
Great choice for bulky shipments
Due to the sheer size of ocean liners, they can carry bulky and bulky cargo at relatively low cost. There are limited types of cargo that an aircraft can carry, especially when it comes to large, unwieldy and heavy items. It is impractical and expensive to transport large steel bars or vehicles from China to the United States by plane.
Modern shippers pay more attention to their impact on the environment. China sea freight to USA is one of the most environmentally friendly modes of transportation. To reduce their carbon footprint, multinational organizations prefer to use ocean shipping as their primary mode of transportation.
Can be used to transport dangerous goods
Certain hazardous materials, such as lithium batteries, are heavily regulated for air transport. China sea freight to USA are designed to transport hazardous materials safely. Cargo ships and crews are trained and accustomed to working with hazardous materials, helping to mitigate disasters at sea. They use specially designed cargo containers that remain sealed and locked during transport.
Advantages of hire freight forwarders of China sea freight to USA
● A freight forwarder can refer to a number of companies that are responsible for some part of the supply chain management process of moving goods and goods around the world. Customs brokers specialize in dealing with importing entities and importing countries and provide experience in valuation, due process and paperwork. In addition, customs brokers must be licensed.
● Freight forwarding services offer competitive prices. They also arrange shipping and find ways to reduce costs. For example, they can consolidate shipments from different customers by placing them in the same container.
● They also provide important knowledge and experience on importing and exporting. Freight forwarders have up-to-date information on customs regulations and clearance processes. They often offer additional services to manage paperwork and pay customs duties for clients.
● As a business, one of the advantages of using a freight forwarder is knowing that every aspect of your shipment is carefully handled by professionals. Sending expensive equipment or merchandise overseas can be stressful, especially if you’re just starting out. Working with a freight forwarder can give you peace of mind and allow you to focus on other areas of your business.