FCL shipment from China to USA refers to the ocean freight of goods sufficient to fill a 20-foot container or 40-foot container.
There is only one shipper for the whole box of goods to the destination port, so the entire transportation process is relatively easier than LCL. For FCL shipment from China to USA, the consignor is responsible for packing, counting,stowage and lead-sealing. The unpacking of the FCL after being transported to the destination port is generally handled by the consignee.
Advantages of FCL shipment from China to USA
● FCL shipping from China to USA do not need to be loaded and unloaded with other shipments, saving shipping time.
● Sealing containers at the factory means less handling and less chance of damage.
● The unit price of LCL is high, so for larger shipments, paying the FCL flat fee can save money.
● Air freight from China to USA is the fastest shipping method. But if you have the time, you will save a lot by choosing FCL.
Disadvantages of FCL Shipping
● Shipping large quantities means finding and paying for more inventory space.
● For small loads (about 13 CBM or less) FCL can be more expensive.
● Delivering a full container means you need equipment and people that can handle the job, and not every factory has it.
● When you choose FCL shipment from China to USA, delivery can get more complicated because you will be dealing with large quantities in a very short period of time.
Cost FCL shipment from China to USA
The cost of FCL is divided into three parts.
1.Basic Shipping = Basic Shipping per Unit × Number of Cases
2. Port surcharge Port surcharge = port surcharge per unit × number of cartons
3. Fuel surcharge Fuel surcharge = unit fuel surcharge × number of boxes
So, how is the shipping cost to the US calculated?
1. According to the name of the goods, the freight calculation standard (BASIS) and CLASS (CLASS) can be found in the goods classification table.
2. Find the corresponding route, departure port and destination port in the basic rate section of the rating rate table, and find the basic rate according to the rating.
3. Find the surcharge item and amount (or percentage) and currency type for all receivables (paid) from the surcharge section.
4. Calculate the actual freight rate according to the basic freight rate and surcharge. The freight rate is equal to the freight quote multiplied by the freight tons.
What documents do I need for FCL shipment from China to USA?
For a rundown of all the paperwork you’ll need to ship your FCL, check out our guide to key shipping documents.
How long does it take for FCL shipment from China to USA?
FCL shipment from China to USA usually takes around 3-6 weeks, depending on your origin and destination.
Occasionally, cargo may be “thrown off”, meaning that a container is not loaded onto the ship it was supposed to transport, usually due to overbooking of capacity.
The operation process of FCL shipment from China to USA
1. Confirm the price and shipping schedule
When confirming the price, it must be detailed to avoid disputes after placing an order. The cut-off time of the shipping schedule must be clear, in case the goods are wrong and other problems are missed and the replenishment time is missed.
Start booking space, let the business assist the customer to fill out an order warehouse receipt, and then book space for the upper house according to the customer information, booking information: departure port, destination port, name of goods, weight, volume, what shipping company to order, which port to ship from , What month and date, the type of container, the method of paying the freight, the freight and surcharges, etc.
The more detailed the information, the better. The order issued is the SO order, and the container is usually loaded two days before the closing date.
Picking up the cabinet needs to wait for the opening of the position, and the opening time is: 7 days before the closing time. Only with the SO order can the container be loaded, and the SO number must be provided to the customer or the tow truck.
The customer is required to provide the time, place, and contact person for loading, fill in the delivery form according to the information provided by the customer, and then provide it to the tow truck.
4. Customs declaration
Before packing, remind customers to give a detailed packing list to the customs broker for confirmation. After packing the cabinet, ask the customer to provide an accurate and detailed packing list, and remind the customer of the information that needs to be prepared, so as to avoid telling the customer at the time of customs declaration that the customer cannot provide it.
If the user’s goods are very complicated, remind the customer to choose the important and many, and whether the user has a customs code, you can ask the user to ask abroad, which ones are easier to clear customs abroad.