LCL, the full name is Less Than Container Load
It means that the goods consigned by the consignor are less than a full container of small tickets, and the agent (or carrier) sorts out the goods, and gathers the goods going to the same destination into a certain amount and puts them into boxes.
FCL,the full name is Full Container Load
It means that there is only one consignor for the whole container of goods to the destination port, which is relatively easier than LCL. The whole container is the freight that the consignor is responsible for packing, counting, stowage and lead sealing. The unpacking of the whole container is generally handled by the consignee.
LCL and FCL ocean freight charges
Detailed Explanation of LCL ocean freight charges
1, Freight from domestic port to US East/Mexico base port, such as A/NY. Usually around tens of dollars/CBM.
2, Agent port and warehouse cost: depends on the cube and gross weight; and pallet or carton, usually several hundred dollars.
3. Customs clearance fee: usually 100-125 USD/ticket.
4. ISF FILING FEE: USD 25-50.
5. If necessary, borrow the name of the US import and export trading company. Flat fee per ticket.
6. SINGLE BOND: depends on the value of the commodity. About tens of dollars.
7. ISF BOND: Fixed fee through ticket.
8. Delivery fee: depending on the distance and distance, usually several hundred yuan.
9. Charges: USD 20-25/toto does not include import tax; customs inspection; Amazon delivery waiting and other additional fees.
Detailed Explanation of FCL ocean freight charges
1. Issue various miscellaneous fees in RMB at the port, such as customs declaration fee, document fee thc, terminal fee, booking fee, etc.
2. Enable the sea freight from the port to the US port. At present, the price of a small port in the port of Mesike, such as a small cabinet in LA, is about 1,000 US dollars, and the price of a high cabinet is about 1,400 US dollars.
3. Customs declaration fee: usually 100-125 US dollars / ticket
4. ISF FILING FEE: $25-50
5 Borrow US trading company letterhead (if required). flat fee per ticket
6. SINGLE BOND: depends on the value of the commodity. about tens of dollars
7. ISF BOND: fixed fee per ticket
8. Delivery fee: according to the distance and distance, usually several hundred to several thousand yuan
9. Import duties, customs inspection and other additional charges
Get the Best LCL/FCL ocean freight charges
Book well in advance of your pickup date
As carrier space fills up, it becomes increasingly difficult to find the best price. Booking in advance gives you the best chance of getting the best LCL/FCL ocean freight charges. The extra lead time is especially important during peak season.
Know the exact weight of your shipment
If you know the weight of your shipment, you and your freight forwarder can determine which containers and equipment you need, whether by sea or inland to your facility. This is especially important because seagoing ships have different weight limits than rail and truck transport.
The US in particular has stricter weight restrictions on trucking inland than Europe, and if you don’t have plans for this, you may be charged extra for special equipment.