China to USA air transportation is a fast and reliable way to shipping from China to USA. This is the ideal method when you need your shipment in 12 days or less, or when your shipping volume is between 150 and 500 kg.
How long does it take to China to USA air transportation?
Typical shipping times from China to the US vary from 2 days to 8 days, as you can see from the examples below:
● Guangzhou to Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles or Chicago – 5 days
● Guangzhou to Miami – 6 days
● Zhengzhou or Beijing to Los Angeles – 5 days
● Chengdu to Los Angeles – 12 days
● Beijing to Boston, New York or Atlanta – 6 days
● Beijing to Chicago or Cincinnati – 4 days
● Beijing to San Francisco, Dallas or Houston – 7 days
● Shanghai to Atlanta – 3 days
● Shanghai to Dallas, Boston or Cincinnati – 7 days
● Shanghai to Chicago, Miami, New York or Los Angeles – 5 days
● Shanghai to Sacramento, Detroit or Houston – 6 days
● Shenzhen to Atlanta, Miami or Dallas – 6 days
● Shenzhen to Chicago or Los Angeles – 5 days
● Shenzhen to Denver – 7 days
● Shenzhen to Houston – 2 days
● Qingdao to New York, Houston or Chicago – 8 days
● Qingdao to Seattle or Los Angeles – 5 days
● Wuhan to New York – 8 days
● Xiamen to Atlanta or New York – 4 days
● Xiamen to Detroit or Houston – 7 days
● Xiamen to Los Angeles – 8 days
The cost of China to USA air transportation is calculated by first determining the actual and volumetric weight of the goods. The airline will take the greater of the two weights to calculate the billable weight.
Actual weight is calculated in the same way as air express. Actual weight, also known as gross weight, is the total weight of the cargo.
Volume and weight
The volumetric weight of air cargo is calculated using one of the two methods detailed below:
LWH/6000: Volumetric weight formula:
The first is multiplied by the carton size and divided by 6,000,
For example, if all sides of an export carton shipped by air are 90 cm, we would multiply by 90 * 90 * 90 and divide the sum by 6,000. This will give us a total volumetric weight of 121.5kg for China to USA air transportation.
CMB*167: Volumetric weight formula:
Another way to calculate it is to multiply the total cubic volume by 167. Continuing with the example of an export carton with 6 90 cm sides, the cubic volume is 0.729 cubic meters.
If we multiply 0.729m3 by 167, our total volumetric weight is 121.7kg.
Comparison of actual weight to volumetric weight:
Keep in mind that airlines will always choose between actual or dimensional weight.
Continuing the example above, if the actual weight of the export carton is 119kg, then the airline will count the dimensional weight as the billable weight, which means the weight will be calculated as 121.7kg. And if the actual weight of the export carton is 130kg, then the airline will calculate the actual weight as the billable weight, that is, the weight is calculated as 130kg, not 121.7kg.
Factors affecting China to USA air transportation costs
Considering air freight from China to USA, there are several factors that affect the cost of China to USA air transportation, which can be controlled through investigation:
Demand: When people need something special, its cost increases. Therefore, when the demand for special shipping services rises, so does the cost of China to USA air transportation.
Containers (ULDs): They are used to hold goods due to travel damage. If a specific kind of container is used to protect the goods, the price will be higher.
Manpower: The number of workers who help move goods or handle paperwork affects cost of China to USA air transportation.
Speed: There are different speed options to deliver the goods, the sooner the product is received; the higher the fee should be paid.
Economic conditions: Costs increase when economic conditions are good.
Regional factors: strikes, wars, terrorism, etc. some situations can lead to low demand. Generally, airlines will optimize costs based on the situation.
Operating Expenses: Will increase through increased fuel costs, tariffs, landing fees, parking fees and security measures and cost of China to USA air transportation.
Temperature Sensitive Cargo: Transshipment of cargo that requires special temperatures is more expensive than other cargoes.
Weight and volume: They are important for pricing, as larger and heavier items cost more.