Do you know the regulations of shipping from China to USA? Getting familiar with logistics and shipping routes can be a hassle, especially for those who are shipping for the first time. Therefore, you need to hire a China shipping agency to help you with all the processes involved in the shipping logistics process.
How to choose a China shipping agency
Freight forwarding capability
Is the China shipping agency competent to handle the shipping procedure? If a China freight forwarder can meet all supply chain requirements, you should consider it the best company to handle your cargo. The size of the company doesn’t matter here. In fact, smaller freight forwarders tend to be more focused on their customers.
The best China shipping agency have excellent communication channels. Due to the complex procedures involved in shipping from China to the United States, effective communication between you and the forwarder is crucial. Make sure a freight forwarder is always available to resolve your concerns.
Consider this factor when shipping products that require special care and handling. If you are not sure where to find a freight forwarder that specializes in handling your shipment, you can consult your Chinese supplier to help you find it.
A good China shipping agency will provide a variety of shipping methods to meet the needs of each customer. The most common shipping methods include air and sea. For example, if you plan to ship by sea, you must confirm whether the freight forwarder offers LCL or FCL shipping.
China shipping agency shipping process
● The first part is where the goods are transferred from the supplier to the freight forwarder.
● The next part will be customs clearance. This is required for each port depending on the country where the supplier is located (in this case, China).
● Customs clearance will be handled by a licensed broker.
● The next step will be to handle and load other cargo in preparation for the actual shipping.
● The China shipping agency will then prepare the shipping, which will handle the actual shipping from one port to another. They usually do this according to the schedule required to deliver the goods.
● Once the cargo arrives at a U.S. port, it must go through import clearance.
● The cargo is then unloaded from the ship, separated from other cargo, and prepared so that the consignee can then pick it up.
● The goods are delivered to you at the end, or you can arrange for it to be delivered directly to your warehouse or to a private address, or to your client’s warehouse.
Another important thing to consider when shipping from China is cargo insurance.
It is very important to purchase shipping insurance when shipping from China. This is because damage during shipping is very common. This is a reality you have to face and accept.
Your shipment will not be handled in a gentle manner.
Starting at your supplier’s factory, it will be handled roughly, not with the intent to damage it, but because there isn’t time to handle everything carefully. Therefore, it is very important for the China shipping agency to provide insurance services. Without insurance, you will not be able to claim for damage to the goods.
How do I file an insurance claim with a China shipping agency?
If you will be shipping from China on a regular basis then you will have to file a shipping insurance claim at some point.
The good news is that filing a claim is very simple.The first thing you should do when you receive your shipment is to check for damage. When you see your cargo damaged in transit, you need to act quickly.
You must provide the China shipping agency with the following information:
● Video or images showing damaged goods.
● Damaged product list.
● The value of each product damaged.
● Proof of product value.
● Prove that you have received the goods.
Ideally, you should provide this information to your freight forwarder within 48 hours of receiving the shipment, which is why you need to inspect the shipment as soon as possible.
You can be reimbursed for the entire shipment or at least part of the value. This will depend on the type of commodity and the level of damage suffered.
Usually, your freight forwarder will be able to assist you with the claim. You may not have to deal directly with the insurance company. After you file a claim, you may be paid to your bank account within 1 to 3 weeks.
Air freight has a much lower risk of damage compared to ocean freight, but your shipment can still suffer some damage, which is why air freight insurance is still highly recommended.